Washington County Bank
Washington County Bank, a growing leader in the financial services industry, currently has an opening for a self-motivated Branch Supervisor. Training will take place at our 1523 Washington Street, Blair, NE location with eventual permanent placement at a planned Missouri Valley, IA location.
Using sound banking and business practices, the Branch Supervisor will assist in overseeing all aspects of the branch, including accountability for the branch’s performance, client growth, retention, and satisfaction, efficiency, and adherence to policies and procedures. An ideal Branch Supervisor will possess 3 or more years banking experience, leadership experience, and be highly organized with strong communication skills.
- Develop a strong team within the branch including selecting, interviewing, hiring and continually developing staff, mentoring, and evaluating individual team member performance and growing talent for long-term contribution to the bank.
- Participate in daily branch operations by actively and efficiently processing branch transactions including but not limited to opening and processing new accounts, referrals, running a teller drawer, assisting, or overseeing the daily vault balancing, and maintaining accounts and inventory of branch items as needed.
- Accept applications, gather required financial information, and close consumer loans.
- Provide efficient and courteous customer service, cross-marketing products, and services to generate new business for the financial institution.
- Assist customers in a responsive, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Represent the financial institution in community events and civic organizations.
- Ability to make independent decisions within bank policy and procedures while exercising good judgement and keeping the bank’s financial interest in mind. Follows all bank policies, including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure he/she, along with their team maintains compliance with all bank and regulatory policies. Verify that documentation is kept current, properly prepared, and relevant.
- Partner with Human Resources in recruiting new talent, training and onboarding of new employees, performance management, employment relations, and employee career development.
- Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships. Practice WCB values and support the goals and strategic plans of the Bank. Conduct personal finances in a manner consistent with the Employee Handbook and Code of Business Conduct.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Three to five years banking experience, required.
- Two years of teller related experience, required.
- Two to three years of client service and sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Secondary education is preferred.
- Previous people management experience, highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively work both independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively interact comfortably and confidently with different audiences.
- Strong passion for customer service, continuously striving for remarkable service.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions is must.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.washingtoncountybank.com.